A lot of us are celebrating the Fourth of July a little differently this year due to COVID-19. At South Coast Medical, we want to ensure that our community takes the proper safety measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. Being mindful could help avoid accidents and unnecessary hospital visits for you or your loved ones.
Basic COVID-19 Safety Tips
- Stay home if you are sick
- Continue to social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- Wear face masks
- Sanitize consistently, especially before eating
- Avoid large gatherings
Grilling Safety Tips
- Practice good food safety measures
- Make sure you keep a careful eye on your grill and never leave it unattended
- Never grill indoors
- Avoid keeping items that could catch fire near the grill
- Keep children and pets away from the grill
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Never point fireworks towards a person
- Keep a fire extinguisher and/or water nearby in case of an emergency
- Never re-light a “dud”
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks wears eye protection
- View fireworks from a distance
Water Safety Tips
- Make sure to swim in designated swimming areas
- Keep your distance from others sitting at the beach, lake or pool
- Do not share items such as goggles, towels, etc. with others
- Stay close to a lifeguard tower
- Designate one person to keep watch of children in the water
We hope you all have a wonderful, yet safe Fourth of July!
Contact South Coast Medical if You’re Feeling Sick
If you are not feeling well and would like to receive the COVID-19 antibody test, please call us at (949) 360-1069 to schedule an appointment.
If you would like to set up an in-person or telemedicine visit, our hours of operation are:
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. We are located in Aliso Viejo, California, and we offer a wide range of services such as: urgent and primary care, sports medicine, and x-rays. If you need help with any of these services, please contact us at (949) 389- 8968. We appreciate the trust our patients have in us and look forward to being of service to you.